Through complementation analysis, unknown mutations within the yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) adenine biosynthesis pathway were identified. Studying the ability of unknown mutant colonies to produce successful colonies with known mutants revealed the identity of the unknown mutation as either a mutation in Ade1 or Ade2. Four mutant strains were examined, two strains of the A mating type and two strains of the alpha mating type. The A type yeast produced living colonies when crossed with a known Ade2 mutant as well as the unknown alpha type mutants. The alpha mutants produced living colonies when crossed with a known Ade1 mutant as well as the unknown A type. Using complementation analysis it was determined that both unknown A mutations were in the Ade1 gene and both unknown alpha mutations were in the Ade2 gene.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Perhaps your last sentence 5 hours 56 min ago
- Consider rearranging your 6 hours 58 sec ago
- Consider changing the 6 hours 3 min ago
- Rather than saying "Their 6 hours 16 min ago
- In the third sentence a colon 6 hours 21 min ago
- The comma in the third 6 hours 24 min ago
- comment 8 hours 57 min ago
- Comment 8 hours 59 min ago
- Comment 9 hours 1 min ago
- What is the reason and/or 15 hours 16 min ago