Through complementation analysis, unknown mutations within the yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) adenine biosynthesis pathway were identified. Studying the ability of unknown mutant colonies to produce successful colonies with known mutants revealed the identity of the unknown mutation as either a mutation in Ade1 or Ade2. Four mutant strains were examined, two strains of the A mating type and two strains of the alpha mating type. The A type yeast produced living colonies when crossed with a known Ade2 mutant as well as the unknown alpha type mutants. The alpha mutants produced living colonies when crossed with a known Ade1 mutant as well as the unknown A type. Using complementation analysis it was determined that both unknown A mutations were in the Ade1 gene and both unknown alpha mutations were in the Ade2 gene.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- parallelism 17 hours 9 min ago
- too many commas 18 hours 10 sec ago
- Scientific writing 18 hours 5 min ago
- quotes 18 hours 8 min ago
- I think this is a solid 18 hours 29 min ago
- The second sentence is a 18 hours 33 min ago
- Flow 19 hours 50 min ago
- Topic 19 hours 55 min ago
- Topic Sentence 20 hours 40 sec ago
- Perhaps your last sentence 1 day 8 hours ago