We were interested in analyzing the water quality of the stream by the Sylvan residence halls. Research has shown that the levels and diversity of periphyton found in the water could be used as a way to analyze the overall health of the water. Periphyton is a broad term, consisting of algae, cyanobacteria, and other microscopic organisms living in the water. We created a method to collect samples of periphyton by placing three glass slides held together into the water. We placed these slides at three different locations in the stream, and collected samples after one week and after two weeks. We found that the levels of periphyton collected increased over the two weeks, and used the Shannon Index to quantify the diversity and abundance. We found that one of the three locations had a significantly higher number of total periphyton.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 3 weeks 18 hours ago
- introductory phrases 3 weeks 18 hours ago
- what are SNP's 3 weeks 3 days ago
- proves 3 weeks 3 days ago
- broad term 3 weeks 3 days ago
- "As to be able to join this 3 weeks 3 days ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 3 weeks 3 days ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 3 weeks 3 days ago
- explain humanities 3 weeks 4 days ago
- explanation 3 weeks 4 days ago