Sjogren's syndrome, also known as Sicca's syndrome, is an autoimmune disease that affects various organs (pancreas and the liver) and causes severe dryness in the mouth and eyes. There are various studies on this disease but scientists are still trying to figure out the genetic and/or environmental causes. A study done in 2013 by Christopher J. Lessard looks at "variants at multiple loci implicated in both innate and adaptive immune responses are associated with Sjögren’s syndrome." The contributors to this study formed a database to contain all the information about the disease in one place along with the various case studies, in order to bring awareness to Sjogren's syndrome. Something interesting about treatment of this disease, is the invention of artificial tears to combat the extreme dryness of the eyes. Because of the long list of symptoms, it has become difficult to identify a single cause as well as a well-rounded treatment plan.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 2 months 2 weeks ago
- introductory phrases 2 months 2 weeks ago
- what are SNP's 2 months 2 weeks ago
- proves 2 months 2 weeks ago
- broad term 2 months 2 weeks ago
- "As to be able to join this 2 months 2 weeks ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 2 months 2 weeks ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 2 months 2 weeks ago
- explain humanities 2 months 3 weeks ago
- explanation 2 months 3 weeks ago