Sjogren's syndrome, also known as Sicca's syndrome, is an autoimmune disease that affects various organs (pancreas and the liver) and causes severe dryness in the mouth and eyes. There are various studies on this disease but scientists are still trying to figure out the genetic and/or environmental causes. A study done in 2013 by Christopher J. Lessard looks at "variants at multiple loci implicated in both innate and adaptive immune responses are associated with Sjögren’s syndrome." The contributors to this study formed a database to contain all the information about the disease in one place along with the various case studies, in order to bring awareness to Sjogren's syndrome. Something interesting about treatment of this disease, is the invention of artificial tears to combat the extreme dryness of the eyes. Because of the long list of symptoms, it has become difficult to identify a single cause as well as a well-rounded treatment plan.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- parallelism 17 hours 9 min ago
- too many commas 18 hours 10 sec ago
- Scientific writing 18 hours 5 min ago
- quotes 18 hours 8 min ago
- I think this is a solid 18 hours 29 min ago
- The second sentence is a 18 hours 33 min ago
- Flow 19 hours 50 min ago
- Topic 19 hours 55 min ago
- Topic Sentence 20 hours 40 sec ago
- Perhaps your last sentence 1 day 8 hours ago