Water is one the most presen organic molecules on the planet. It is a foundation of organic life, without it humans are unable to survive. Water is a required reactant for various metabolic reactions, so one would be safe to assume that it moves from cell to cell with ease. And this is true most of the time water simply diffuses across the a membrane via a process of simple diffussion , called osmosis. This process though the most well know form of water movement is not the only way water moves through cells. Other processes include bulk flow, which is the movement of water and solutes due to pressure potential. This occurs in the xylem and phloem of plants. This transport as stated previously is primarily used to move large amounts of water throughout system. There is also the process of active transport, which normally occur when transporting over a membrane with very low permeability. In general water moves throughout the body and from cell to cell in various ways and without these processes life as we know it would cesae to exist.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 5 months 2 weeks ago
- introductory phrases 5 months 2 weeks ago
- what are SNP's 5 months 2 weeks ago
- proves 5 months 2 weeks ago
- broad term 5 months 2 weeks ago
- "As to be able to join this 5 months 2 weeks ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 5 months 2 weeks ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 5 months 2 weeks ago
- explain humanities 5 months 2 weeks ago
- explanation 5 months 2 weeks ago