Both factors, osmolarity and volume, of blood have lasting effects on the body and the functions that occur throughout. Both factors change independent from each other, but work together to maintain an overall homeostasis within the body. For example if an individual were to work out and drank only water then the overall osmolarity of the blood would decrease due to the increase of water. However the volume will not change because the water lost in sweat would be replaced by the water consumed. The change in the osmolarity would lead to a reduction of vasopressin release and an increase in renin production. The renin production increase would promote the reabsorption of sodium, bringing the osmolarity back to an equilibrium state. This is a prime example of independent pathways that work together within the body in order to maintain homeostasis.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 2 weeks ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 2 weeks ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 2 weeks ago
- proves 1 year 2 weeks ago
- broad term 1 year 2 weeks ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 2 weeks ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 2 weeks ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 2 weeks ago
- explain humanities 1 year 3 weeks ago
- explanation 1 year 3 weeks ago