Vitamin B6, also known as pyridozine, naturally occurs in many foods we eat such as poultry, fish, starchy vegetables, and non-citrus fruits. People may also choose to take a dietary supplement containing viatmin B6 in order to satisfy daily nutitional needs. Vitamin B6 is required for more than 100 enzyme driven reactions involved in metabolism. Healthy levels of vitamin B6 contribute largely to the production of modd influencing hormones such as serotonin and norepinephrine. Vitamin B6 also assists with the conversion of carbohydrates in food into glucose for storage and ATP. Most importantly, however, this key vitamin helps control levels of the amino acid homocysteine in the blood. This amino acid is largely associated with heart disease, although more reasearch is needed to determine exactly how the two are interrelated.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 1 month ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 1 month ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 1 month ago
- proves 1 year 1 month ago
- broad term 1 year 1 month ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 1 month ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 1 month ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 1 month ago
- explain humanities 1 year 1 month ago
- explanation 1 year 1 month ago