My summer research project has two major components. Both components use a tetracycline-controlled transcriptional activation system, a system designed to control transgene expression. The system can be designed so that the addition of tetracycline turns on expression or turns off expression, giving the systems the names Tet-On and Tet-Off, respectively. In this experiment, I will be using the Tet-On system. In a Tet system, the tetracycline transactivator (tTA) must be bound to an operator sequence on the DNA in order for transcription to occur. In the case of Tet-On, the tTA is only able to bind to the operator when also bound to tetracycline or a tetracycline derivative such as doxycycline. The addition of the doxycycline allows transcription to begin, giving very tight temporal control.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 9 months 3 weeks ago
- introductory phrases 9 months 3 weeks ago
- what are SNP's 9 months 3 weeks ago
- proves 9 months 3 weeks ago
- broad term 9 months 3 weeks ago
- "As to be able to join this 9 months 3 weeks ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 9 months 3 weeks ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 9 months 3 weeks ago
- explain humanities 9 months 3 weeks ago
- explanation 9 months 3 weeks ago