The three basic principles of circulatory function are the following: blood flow to each tissue is controlled in relation to tissue need, cardiac output is controlled by the sum of all tissue flows, and arterial pressure regulation is independent of local blood flow control or cardiac output. In aortic valve stenosis, the diameter of the aortic valve opening is reduced significantly, and the aortic pressure pulse is decreased because of diminished blood flow outward through the stenoic valve. This is directly related to a problem with delayed compliance. In normal vessels an increase in volume first shows an increase in pressure, then delayed stretching due to the vessel's distensibility causes the pressure to return back to normal pressures. If this delayed stretching is disturbed, pressure control will diminish and blood flow will be greatly affected.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 5 years 7 months ago
- introductory phrases 5 years 7 months ago
- what are SNP's 5 years 7 months ago
- proves 5 years 7 months ago
- broad term 5 years 7 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 5 years 7 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 5 years 7 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 5 years 7 months ago
- explain humanities 5 years 7 months ago
- explanation 5 years 7 months ago