Plants are photosynthetic and require light to survive. When plants are left in the shade they don’t die immediately though. When left in the shade, plants become etiolated. Etiolation results in stem elongation, paleness, and a lack of photosynthetic maturation. Etiolation occurs usually in plants below a canopy. Far red light is what triggers etiolation, which penetrates through the shade of the canopy. In order to reverse etiolation, all that would be necessary would be for the plant to be exposed to red light again, because red light is what activates de-etiolation.
You are here
Home » Blogs » rmirley's blog
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 5 years 1 month ago
- introductory phrases 5 years 1 month ago
- what are SNP's 5 years 1 month ago
- proves 5 years 1 month ago
- broad term 5 years 1 month ago
- "As to be able to join this 5 years 1 month ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 5 years 1 month ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 5 years 1 month ago
- explain humanities 5 years 1 month ago
- explanation 5 years 1 month ago
You shouldn't end a sentence with 'though'. Either exclude it all together or begin the sentence with 'however,".
In your last sentence try not
In your last sentence try not to use the word 'would' twice
I think it would be better if
I think it would be better if you found a way to combine the second and third sentences.