Our poster illustrates our study done on periphyton density and diversity in Fort River, located in Amherst, Massachusetts. The study was set up by making periphyton traps and placing them in three different locations along Fort River, each separated by roughly 100 meters. Two sets of traps were put out at each of the three locations. The first set of traps was collected after 5 days and the second set of traps was collected after 15 days. After we collected the traps, we analyzed them under a microscope to identify the species diversity and to quantify species density. The diversity was simply calculated by looking at the different types of species, not by identifying them. The species density was calculated by counting all the individual organisms found on the microslides. After gathering all of our data, we found a moderate amount of diversity and a relatively high density. Based off this data, we can conclude that the pollution concentrations in Fort River are relatively low.
You are here
Home » Blogs » mrmoy's blog
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 5 years 1 month ago
- introductory phrases 5 years 1 month ago
- what are SNP's 5 years 1 month ago
- proves 5 years 1 month ago
- broad term 5 years 1 month ago
- "As to be able to join this 5 years 1 month ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 5 years 1 month ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 5 years 1 month ago
- explain humanities 5 years 1 month ago
- explanation 5 years 1 month ago
The last line throws off the paragraph.
maybe stating your specific location when giving the speech to make it known to others where exactly the samples were collected.