For the chemotaxis portion of the motility and chemotaxis lab, I hypothesized that the Serratia marcescens will move towards the nutrient source rather than the Enterococcus faecalis. I expect these results to occur because Serratia marcescens is a known motile organism and reacts in the presence of nutrients and therefore will be chemotactic, this same attraction will occur with the glycerol yeast extract (GYE). I began my experiment by collecting and labeling two petri dishes, I then added molten GYE to the label portions of my plates and let it solidify. After I added molten water agar into the halves of the petri dishes, again letting it solidify. I then put two pieces of filter paper on the plates creating a bridge for the bacteria to move throughout, I then inoculated the organism on each strip of paper at opposite points from each other, creating a diagonal cross.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 2 weeks ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 2 weeks ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 2 weeks ago
- proves 1 year 2 weeks ago
- broad term 1 year 2 weeks ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 2 weeks ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 2 weeks ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 2 weeks ago
- explain humanities 1 year 3 weeks ago
- explanation 1 year 3 weeks ago