The physical characteristics of males and females are similar but have one distinct differences. Males and females both have an adult length of 12 inches from the tip of the rostrum to the tip of their tail, their tail only being 2 inches long and their thin, elongated rostrum reaching up to 3 inches. Relative to their length, their width is small, reaching only 2 inches across. They both have a light brown colored short hair which extends throughout their main body and head leaving the tail bare, except for a little patch of white hair which they have at the very tip of their tail that they used when hunting. However, in addition to their hair, females have a single white stripe going from neck to the base of their tail, the one only distinct visible difference. Its ears and eyes are large and contain membranes which they are able to control to prevent the sand from entering their ears and eyes. This mammal is also insectivores with small dagger like teeth and have diphyodont dentition. Being an insectivore, they have a small intestine with no cectum. The American Rhingon also have long legs with didactylous toes which have relatively long claws to be able to burrow during the day time while retaining the ability to efficiently grab prey. For this reason, locomotion is ambulatory with a plantigrade foot positioning as their main source of locomotion.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 9 months 2 weeks ago
- introductory phrases 9 months 2 weeks ago
- what are SNP's 9 months 3 weeks ago
- proves 9 months 3 weeks ago
- broad term 9 months 3 weeks ago
- "As to be able to join this 9 months 3 weeks ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 9 months 3 weeks ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 9 months 3 weeks ago
- explain humanities 9 months 3 weeks ago
- explanation 9 months 3 weeks ago