After having created a working map for our genomic DNA, identifying our gene of interest and doing extensive research on its possible functions, we needed to perform several experiments to find out more about our gene. The purpose of this lab was to use a reverse genetics approach to explore our Brachypodium distachyon gene of interest and its function by experimenting with mutant and wild type samples. We effectively worked from the mutant phenotype to explore the gene’s function. In doing so, we took several approaches to examine the phenotype, genomic DNA, phylogenetic relationships, and histology of the samples to identify the gene’s possible functions.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 8 months 3 weeks ago
- introductory phrases 8 months 3 weeks ago
- what are SNP's 8 months 3 weeks ago
- proves 8 months 3 weeks ago
- broad term 8 months 3 weeks ago
- "As to be able to join this 8 months 3 weeks ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 8 months 3 weeks ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 8 months 3 weeks ago
- explain humanities 8 months 3 weeks ago
- explanation 8 months 3 weeks ago