One source found state that Whey protein can potentially be the treatment for type 2 diabetes. The main reasoning behind this statement is that it can manipulate the gut function in order to secret incretin and reduce gastric emptying which are key components for type 2 diabetes. Whey protein stimulates beta cells to secrete these gut peptides, to include incretin, which then leads to the slower metabolizing and slower gastric emptying once an individual has consumed their meal, this is because it suppresses appetite and effects the gut-brain axis and hypothalamus, which is responsible for controlling hunger and homeostasis, which includes these peptides (Mignone et al. 2015). In addition, in a clinical trial in which men with type 2 diabetes were given 15g of Whey protein, the consumption of this protein was proven to improve glycaemia after means were consumed, increase secretion of insulin. This trial proves the suggestions made by Mignone through its evidence and direct relevance of the valid conclusions made (King et al. 2018).
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 3 weeks 18 hours ago
- introductory phrases 3 weeks 18 hours ago
- what are SNP's 3 weeks 3 days ago
- proves 3 weeks 3 days ago
- broad term 3 weeks 3 days ago
- "As to be able to join this 3 weeks 3 days ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 3 weeks 3 days ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 3 weeks 3 days ago
- explain humanities 3 weeks 4 days ago
- explanation 3 weeks 4 days ago