If proteins are able to enter the filtrate through the basement membrane, they will slow the total rate of glomerular filtration. This filtration rate is largely governed by Starling forces, and the equation for this is GFR = Kf [(Pc-Pb)-(Πc)]. In this equation (Πc) represents the “Glomerular Capillary Oncotic Pressure”. Under normal condition, this value would be set to zero as no proteins would be able to permeate the membrane and enter the capillaries. With glomerulonephritis, proteins can permeate the membrane. In the equation this value is subtracted from other values, meaning any positive non-zero rate would have a slowing effect on Glomerular filtration.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 2 months ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 2 months ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 2 months ago
- proves 1 year 2 months ago
- broad term 1 year 2 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 2 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 2 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 2 months ago
- explain humanities 1 year 2 months ago
- explanation 1 year 2 months ago