You are here


Submitted by jonathanrubi on Tue, 05/01/2018 - 17:41


    The final project, creating the poster yet again provided its own challenges in regards to data collection, data representation, and effectively using various softwares. I quickly learned that data collection often does not go as according to plan and methods often have to be tweaked and improved. In addition, creating useful and valuable graphs and charts proved challenging. Learning how to input data into R however was one of the skills I am glad I learned and I know I will use in the future. I also found it more difficult than expected to effectively create the poster. Using Scribus taught me a lot about how proper planning can save time in the long run. This includes helpful formatting tips like creating different standard header types for fonts. Also organizing and accumulating all the elements prior to inputting them into the poster helped tremendously. It also taught me how to use concise language and including only vital information in the form of text.