You are here


Submitted by jonathanrubi on Tue, 05/01/2018 - 17:40

Beginning with the Methods Project, I felt as though I learned a lot about structure and scientific writing. One of the biggest challenges I faced was structuring each section of the project correctly and including the correct elements in the abstract and introduction. What I learned, that I feel is just as important is what not to include in each section, and to keep each section separate in their purpose and what they provided to the project as a whole. For instance, actually including specific results and main points of discussion in the abstract. Also not including portions of the methods in the introduction. I would say that another challenge was using the correct type of writing. Although I felt that I was using descriptive language, I learned that a lot of what I wrote was vague and contained judgements as opposed to facts and observations. Also not writing in conversational speech or as a narrative was a big challenge. Overall, I felt the learning curve for this project was steep given my lack of exposure and experience but I thought it helped greatly with future projects.