Plants must absorb nutrients from the soil in order to survive as they cannot synthesize it themselves.These nutrients are in the soil that the plant grows in. In order to gather these nutrients the plant uses its roots to absorb the nutrients from the soil. There are many nutrients that the plant can use from the soil, but there are two main types that are found in the soil. The first type is organic nutrients. These are characterized by their ability to form direct covalent bonds with carbon. The second type is mineral nutrients. These are characterized by the ionic bonds they form in complex molecules. Both types of nutrients serve different purposes for the plant, but are both necessary for the plant's sustained survival.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 3 months ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 3 months ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 3 months ago
- proves 1 year 3 months ago
- broad term 1 year 3 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 3 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 3 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 3 months ago
- explain humanities 1 year 3 months ago
- explanation 1 year 3 months ago