The effects of different colored light was also a topic that they researched. To begin, they tested the root growth on stems when exposed to red light and far red light. In darkness, the stems had root penetration of 84.8%. When the stem was exposed to a high fluence rate of far-red light, the root penetration decreased to 19.1%. This was found to be a gradual decline; as the fluence rate of thel light increased, the root penetration decreased. Red light had a similar effect, causing root penetration to decrease to 18.4%. However, red light was discovered to have a stronger effect on root penetration than far-red light. In addition to red light, they tested the effects of blue light on the plants.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 2 months ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 2 months ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 2 months ago
- proves 1 year 2 months ago
- broad term 1 year 2 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 2 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 2 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 2 months ago
- explain humanities 1 year 2 months ago
- explanation 1 year 2 months ago