Plants photosynthetic abilities are determined by its chlorophyll. Chlorophyll are the subunits responsible for photosynthesis in plants, as well as the pigmentation of the plant. The color of chlorophyll is determined by the wavelength of visible light that it does not absorb. Chlorophyll a is the most abundant chlorophyll in plants and is the reason most plants appear green. Chlorophyll a absorbs red light and blue light, while reflecting green/yellow light. This reflection is what we see when we look at the color of a plant. There are many types of chlorophyll, each specializing in different wavelengths of light. This causes them to portray unique colors and define the plants that have them.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 3 months ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 3 months ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 3 months ago
- proves 1 year 3 months ago
- broad term 1 year 3 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 3 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 3 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 3 months ago
- explain humanities 1 year 3 months ago
- explanation 1 year 3 months ago