There are several types of photoreceptors in plants. Some of these photoreceptors are phytochromes, cytochromes, and phototropins. Phytochromes are a class of photoreceptor that plants use to detect light and mediate a photosynthetic response. Cytochromes are photoreceptors that function as electron transfer agents in metabolic pathways. Cytochromes are compounds consisting of a heme bonded to a protein. Finally, phototropins are photoreceptors that mediate phototropic responses in higher plants. They allow plants to alter their response and growth to light.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 3 months ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 3 months ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 3 months ago
- proves 1 year 3 months ago
- broad term 1 year 3 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 3 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 3 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 3 months ago
- explain humanities 1 year 3 months ago
- explanation 1 year 3 months ago