Another example given by the book is Linda Barnes’ study of acupuncture in the American city of Boston. What she has found is that among the many schools of acupuncture, there are different views of what it treats and what it is used for. Most European practitioners view it as a treatment for the spirit, while others view it as a form of religious and physical healing. It is most often used in conjunction with, rather than in place of, western medicine. The effectiveness of the treatment is variable, with some claiming that it helps the healing process without fixing symptoms, while others claim it to be an effective treatment for nausea, back pain, and even asthma.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 1 month ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 1 month ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 1 month ago
- proves 1 year 1 month ago
- broad term 1 year 1 month ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 1 month ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 1 month ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 1 month ago
- explain humanities 1 year 1 month ago
- explanation 1 year 1 month ago