Plants have several different types of circadian rhythm. The first is that plants orient themselves towards the sun during the day to maximize photosynthesis. Plants also undergo another circadian rhythmic nastic movement called nyctinasty. Nyctinasty is a response in higher plants to the onset of darkness. An example of nyctinasty in plants is when the leaves and petals of plants close at night. The action is brought about by darkness and is an evolutionary reaction that preserves water and sugar levels in the plant when conditions are not optimal for photosynthesis.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 5 years 7 months ago
- introductory phrases 5 years 7 months ago
- what are SNP's 5 years 7 months ago
- proves 5 years 7 months ago
- broad term 5 years 7 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 5 years 7 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 5 years 7 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 5 years 7 months ago
- explain humanities 5 years 7 months ago
- explanation 5 years 7 months ago