Mycorrhizae is a fungus that grows on the roots of plants. The mycorrhizae helps plants absorb water and nutrients more effectively in exchange for some carbohydrates from the photosynthesizing plant. There are two main types of mycorrhizae: ectomycorrhizae and endomycorrhizae. Ectomycorrhizae is characterized by its inability to penetrate the plants roots. The ectomycorrhizae sits on the oustide of the roots of woody plants to help with water and nutrient absorption. Endomycorrhizae however do penetrate the plants root systems. They form arbuscules that are able to pierce the roots of the plants to allow for a more direct exchange of materials. Because of this, endomycorrhizae are able to form on more green vegetative plants.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 3 months ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 3 months ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 3 months ago
- proves 1 year 3 months ago
- broad term 1 year 3 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 3 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 3 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 3 months ago
- explain humanities 1 year 3 months ago
- explanation 1 year 3 months ago