The species’ fur is less dense than most bear species, better suiting it for the balmy climate of Madagascar. Their fur is a dark brown color with large swathes of dark mossy green to help camouflage them in the shadowy green cover of the jungle. The most prominent sexual dimorphic character is the presence of horns on the males. These horns resemble those of a bighorn sheep, though they aren’t as large relative to their body size as that of a sheep. The males use these horns for fighting, but they also play a large role in the unique hunting rituals that these animals have. Their paws have longer toes than a black bear, as well as longer claws, allowing for better grip on trees as well as better weaponry for hunting.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 1 year 1 month ago
- introductory phrases 1 year 1 month ago
- what are SNP's 1 year 1 month ago
- proves 1 year 1 month ago
- broad term 1 year 1 month ago
- "As to be able to join this 1 year 1 month ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 1 year 1 month ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 1 year 1 month ago
- explain humanities 1 year 1 month ago
- explanation 1 year 1 month ago