The integrative function of the central nervous system accounts for our ability of understanding reason, being conscious, and having complex behavioral patterns and emotions. These are functions not directly related to sensory or motor inputs. Certain parts of the brain have been identified: the limbic system and the neocortex. The neocortex is a part of the mammalian brain involved in higher-order functions such as perception and spatial reasoning and is the largest part of the cerebral cortex. It is also the most developed in its organization and number of layers of all cerebral tissues. It contains both excitatory and inhibitory neurons. The limbic system is on both sides of the thalamus and supports functions like emotion, motivativation, and long-term memory.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 5 years 7 months ago
- introductory phrases 5 years 7 months ago
- what are SNP's 5 years 7 months ago
- proves 5 years 7 months ago
- broad term 5 years 7 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 5 years 7 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 5 years 7 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 5 years 7 months ago
- explain humanities 5 years 7 months ago
- explanation 5 years 7 months ago