So far throughout our project we have discussed about using a protective coating around the drug. This protective coat will be made of a detergent containing a pH of 5.5. Detergents are able to disrupt membranes due to the amphipathic nature of both cellular membranes and detergent molecules. This means that they possess the characteristics of having both hydrophilic and hydrophobic regions. Detergent molecules are able to pull apart membranes. Some aspects I don’t fully understand yet are how we will be targeting and delivery our drug in a way that won’t affect other systems or pathways in our bodies. I still have to research ways in which drugs can be delivered in a way that they target the pulmonary vein. One way we could assay our treatments is by monitoring whether the tumor has spread through scans if we were working on real patients. We would have to perform tumor genomic assays. At the molecular level we would have to be monitor the overexpression of AATF. But also, other types of cells to see if our drug could have programmed cell death in places where it shouldn’t have.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 8 months 2 weeks ago
- introductory phrases 8 months 2 weeks ago
- what are SNP's 8 months 2 weeks ago
- proves 8 months 2 weeks ago
- broad term 8 months 2 weeks ago
- "As to be able to join this 8 months 3 weeks ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 8 months 3 weeks ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 8 months 3 weeks ago
- explain humanities 8 months 3 weeks ago
- explanation 8 months 3 weeks ago