The three species of parrots we plan to study are the blue-fronted Amazon (Amazona aestiva), red-browed Amazon (Amazona rhodocorytha) and Kawall’s Amazon (Amazona kawalli). All of these parrot species have experienced a decline in numbers over the last 25 years (Figueira, 2015) as a result of deforestation. The parrots species we plan to study prefer old-growth forests, the destruction of which has negatively impacted food availability and increased predation due to lack of canopy cover. All three of these species will take and eat fruit, but the types of fruit preferred by each have not been studied yet. Our research would shed light on the diets of these particular parrots, which could aid in conservation efforts.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 11 months 3 weeks ago
- introductory phrases 11 months 3 weeks ago
- what are SNP's 11 months 4 weeks ago
- proves 11 months 4 weeks ago
- broad term 11 months 4 weeks ago
- "As to be able to join this 11 months 4 weeks ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 11 months 4 weeks ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 11 months 4 weeks ago
- explain humanities 11 months 4 weeks ago
- explanation 11 months 4 weeks ago