The three species of parrots we plan to study are the blue-fronted Amazon (Amazona aestiva), red-browed Amazon (Amazona rhodocorytha) and Kawall’s Amazon (Amazona kawalli). All of these parrot species have experienced a decline in numbers over the last 25 years (Figueira, 2015) as a result of deforestation. The parrots species we plan to study prefer old-growth forests, the destruction of which has negatively impacted food availability and increased predation due to lack of canopy cover. All three of these species will take and eat fruit, but the types of fruit preferred by each have not been studied yet. Our research would shed light on the diets of these particular parrots, which could aid in conservation efforts.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- a vs an 5 years 4 months ago
- introductory phrases 5 years 4 months ago
- what are SNP's 5 years 5 months ago
- proves 5 years 5 months ago
- broad term 5 years 5 months ago
- "As to be able to join this 5 years 5 months ago
- Who is 'they'? Try not to use 5 years 5 months ago
- Morrill should have two r's. 5 years 5 months ago
- explain humanities 5 years 5 months ago
- explanation 5 years 5 months ago