Like other crab spiders, Mecaphesa celer is an ambush hunter and it preys on pollinator insects by lurking in the flowers they visit. We hypothesized that in order to successfully capture its prey, Mecaphesa would choose to hide in flowers that more closely resemble its actual body coloration. In order to test our hypothesis, we designed an arena split into two different colors based in the RGB color model, and recorded to which side the spider moved after being placed in the center.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 1 month 6 days ago
- Looks good! It might be 1 month 6 days ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 1 month 6 days ago
- Unless this was done in a 1 month 1 week ago
- Rather than saying your 1 month 1 week ago
- Clarification regarding comments 1 month 1 week ago
- I think the scientific names 1 month 1 week ago
- I would proofread for grammar 1 month 1 week ago
- I think the first comma in 1 month 1 week ago
- Well written paragraph. My 1 month 1 week ago