As a first semester junior, Biology 551 was my first upper level course in my college career, prior to this course I only took mainly introductory level courses so this was one of the first challenges I had with taking this course. This class posed mainly challenges for me because it was also one of the first classes I took at UMass that was heavily based on teamwork and outside research projects. My previous two years were filled with lecture and exam style classes where I was not reliable for contributing to a group and most projects were small and individual. Animal communication improved my abilities to work with a group effectively and forced me to take a stronger hold on my education because I learned that I had to do a lot more outside class work in order to succeed in this class. This class improved my academic abilities, professional abilities, and sparked a stronger interest in the science of animal communication and the function of signals and interactions between animals within a species. It has also improved my abilities to think about how to carry out a research project in terms of thinking of a question and coming up with hypotheses and potential answers, and then developing a research method to effectively find an answer to the question.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 3 months 6 days ago
- Looks good! It might be 3 months 6 days ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 3 months 6 days ago
- Unless this was done in a 3 months 1 week ago
- Rather than saying your 3 months 1 week ago
- Clarification regarding comments 3 months 1 week ago
- I think the scientific names 3 months 1 week ago
- I would proofread for grammar 3 months 1 week ago
- I think the first comma in 3 months 1 week ago
- Well written paragraph. My 3 months 1 week ago