1. The figure on the left has uniform sized images but the figure on the right has one different sized image.
2. The angles at which the photos were taken are different in both figures.
3. The figure on the left had bold text labeling, the figure on the right did not.
4. The figure on the left placed letters slightly away from the edge of the photo, the figure on the right had had the letters lined with the side of the image.
5. The images on the right were brought to the outer edge of the black background whereas on the left they were not.
6. The backgrounds of the images aren’t corresponding.
There are multiple differences between both the left and right figures. However, the most apparent difference is the size of images within the figure. For example, the photos on the left figure are all uniform in size, all photos on the right figure are uniform in size except for the photo labeled D. The angle at which every photo was taken is different in both figures, none of which correspond. Additionally the background of the image was different in every instance and again did not correspond with the other figure. The figures are lettered in the same order, A, B, C, D. The font size and placement of the lettering is different between the two separate figures, but remains consistent within the figure itself. Another difference in the lettering is the alignment with the side of the image, on the left figure the letters are left a small distance away from the edge of the photos while in the right figure the letters are lined up with the side of the images. Another difference is that the spacing between the photos and between the edges of the figure on different.
1. The last image (D) may have been cropped different on the right figure, or the camera was held at a different orientation.
2. The camera was most likely held at different heights, possibly because the person taking the pictures were different heights or maybe one used a tripod and the other did not.
3. The font choice was slightly different between authors, also resulting in a different bolding of the images.
4. The function to align the letters used by both authors may have been in a different software of different function within the same software.
5. The separate authors may have set margins to different widths causing the images to be differently set.
6. It might be a picture of a similar but tree, the angle at which they were photographed may also be different.
The difference in size of images between figures may be due to the orientation at which the photographer held the camera for that image, the image may have also been cropped differently. The angle of the photos may be be different because the the height of the photographer may be different, additionally they could have been standing in different places, at or on different things, or using different equipment. These same factors could also contribute to why the background would be different. The font size and placement of letters on the figure could have been caused by a different software used by both authors, or different setting applied to different figures. Similarly the alignment of images to the background within the separate figures may have been due to different software used or different setting applied by the author.