A-site: the ribosomal site most frequently occupied by aminoacyl-tRNA. The aminoacyl-tRNA in the A-site functions as the acceptor for the growing protein during peptide bond formation.P-site: the ribosomal site most frequently occupied by peptidyl-tRNA, i.e. the tRNA carrying the growing peptide chain. The P-site is also referred to as the puromycin-sensitive site. Puromycin is an antibiotic which shows similarities with a part of aminoacyl-tRNA. When puromycin is present in the A-site, the peptide can be linked to puromycin via a peptide bond. Thus, peptidyl-tRNA in the P-site is located in the puromycin-sensitive site. E-site: the ribosomal site harboring deacylated tRNA on transit out from the ribosome.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- I feel like you can simplify 1 day 12 hours ago
- Towards the end of the 1 day 12 hours ago
- I would avoid saying "To 2 days 15 hours ago
- This paragraph is well 2 days 15 hours ago
- In the sentence discussing 2 days 15 hours ago
- I feel like this paragraph 2 days 15 hours ago
- Use of "us" 2 days 16 hours ago
- Your path in the medical field 2 days 17 hours ago
- Use full name for university 2 days 17 hours ago
- Sentence rearrangement 2 days 17 hours ago