Our RESEARCH DESIGN was modeled after a paper that studied spider web production in terms of web mass and temperature. Fruit flies were dropped into the web with a relatively complex apparatus that was beyond the scope of our project, so our inverted cup and straw apparatus will serve as a practical substitute. The methods we will follow also closely resemble Barghusen’s paper. We will run the experiment over the course of five days because six days gave indicative results in one of the papers we studied (Barghusen et al). In that paper, a temperature gradient was created using Aluminum pans and a hot plate. Our experiment will create a similar temperature gradient using styrofoam boxes and a heat lamp for the warm condition and ice for the cold condition. The Barghusen paper found that web mass was significantly lighter in the colder conditions, so we expect similar results.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 6 months 6 days ago
- Looks good! It might be 6 months 6 days ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 6 months 6 days ago
- Unless this was done in a 6 months 1 week ago
- Rather than saying your 6 months 1 week ago
- Clarification regarding comments 6 months 1 week ago
- I think the scientific names 6 months 1 week ago
- I would proofread for grammar 6 months 1 week ago
- I think the first comma in 6 months 1 week ago
- Well written paragraph. My 6 months 1 week ago