Ponds are freshwater bodies of water found all over the world. These ponds host all types of organisms ranging from unicellular organisms to multicellular organisms such as fish and frogs. In ponds, groups of living things depend on the water environment and each other for their own supplements and survival (Rejesh, 2017). If a pond has more "evenness" when it comes to diversity, it's system is going to be stronger, and better equipped for survival. By evaluating pond water samples from different ponds on The UMass Campus, we should see which pond is most diverse and therefore better equipped for survival. To test what pond has a higher Shannon Diversity Index, we gathered pond water samples from two locations. We counted the organisms, identified and classified the species, charted the numbers, and then calculated which pond had higher diversity.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 6 months 6 days ago
- Looks good! It might be 6 months 6 days ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 6 months 6 days ago
- Unless this was done in a 6 months 1 week ago
- Rather than saying your 6 months 1 week ago
- Clarification regarding comments 6 months 1 week ago
- I think the scientific names 6 months 1 week ago
- I would proofread for grammar 6 months 1 week ago
- I think the first comma in 6 months 1 week ago
- Well written paragraph. My 6 months 1 week ago