Both songbirds and humans are primed towards learning their species vocalizations and filter out the rest of sounds during the learning process. They both go through a critical learning period or sensitive period, during which information is stored for use in later stages of learning. Oscines also have a subsong period which is analogous to infant babbling and connects the perceptual and sensorimotor stages of vocal learning. Finally, there is a crystallization period, during which plastic song or language is perfected into the standard vocalizations of the species.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 3 months 4 days ago
- Looks good! It might be 3 months 4 days ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 3 months 4 days ago
- Unless this was done in a 3 months 5 days ago
- Rather than saying your 3 months 5 days ago
- Clarification regarding comments 3 months 5 days ago
- I think the scientific names 3 months 6 days ago
- I would proofread for grammar 3 months 6 days ago
- I think the first comma in 3 months 6 days ago
- Well written paragraph. My 3 months 6 days ago