Vitamin D is indicated to be lacking in my diet, for the target of 15 micrograms is not met for I only consume about 3 micrograms on average. Not getting enough vitamin D can be dangerous for it plays the role of modulating cell growth, neuromuscular and immune functions, absorption of calcium, therefore, contributing to bone growth. Deficiency not very uncommon because vitamin D is naturally not present in many foods, making it more important that we are aware of our intakes8. Given that we are entering the colder months it also is more challenging to obtain vitamin D from the sun, therefore it must be done by selecting proper foods. As mentioned before, fat-soluble vitamins are more likely to cause toxicity for it is stored in the body, therefore monitoring the intake of this vitamin is extremely important. In most extreme cases toxicity may raise blood levels of calcium, in turn leading to damage to the heart, blood vessels and kidneys8. Some of the best sources of Vitamin D are fatty fish, including salmon and tuna, both of which are foods I enjoy and will add to my diet in greater amounts to make up for the lack of Vitamin D in my diet. Beef liver, cheese, and egg yolks also contain some amounts of vitamin D.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 1 month 1 week ago
- Looks good! It might be 1 month 1 week ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 1 month 1 week ago
- Unless this was done in a 1 month 1 week ago
- Rather than saying your 1 month 1 week ago
- Clarification regarding comments 1 month 1 week ago
- I think the scientific names 1 month 1 week ago
- I would proofread for grammar 1 month 1 week ago
- I think the first comma in 1 month 1 week ago
- Well written paragraph. My 1 month 1 week ago