Temperature affects many physiological and biological processes in the body. Spiders are ectothermic organisms, so they are unable to regulate their body temperatures relative to their environment. As a result, changes in temperature can have a large impact on their metabolic rate and overall activity. Our project focuses on the effect of temperature on web production in P. phalangioides. To study this, we created three different environments with varying temperatures for spiders to live in and create webs. We had a cool environment that averaged at 11.6 degrees celsius, warm environment at 26.2 degrees celsius, and a control environment at 19.4 degrees celsius. We put three spiders, each in their own cup, in each environment and allowed them to produce webs for five days. We then compared the final weights of the webs in the different environments. It was concluded that spiders in cooler environments typically yielded lighter webs than spiders in warmer environments.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 8 months 1 week ago
- Looks good! It might be 8 months 1 week ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 8 months 1 week ago
- Unless this was done in a 8 months 1 week ago
- Rather than saying your 8 months 1 week ago
- Clarification regarding comments 8 months 1 week ago
- I think the scientific names 8 months 1 week ago
- I would proofread for grammar 8 months 1 week ago
- I think the first comma in 8 months 1 week ago
- Well written paragraph. My 8 months 1 week ago