This experiment was successful in showing the wide variety of organisms found in biofilms that form on a toothbrush. Using selective and differential agar plates, a total of 9 different colony morphologies were observed from the same source of inoculum. This clearly shows that a variety of organisms can be present in a biofilm simultaneously. If the toothbrush had been put in the saline immediately after being used by my lab partner, I would expect the number of colonies to increase significantly. I think that due to the toothbrush drying out between the time it was used and the time it was put in the saline, the number of microorganisms available to be captured from it decreased. Despite this, this experiment clearly shows the bacterial diversity present in our mouths and on biofilms on our toothbrushes.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 2 months 1 week ago
- Looks good! It might be 2 months 1 week ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 2 months 1 week ago
- Unless this was done in a 2 months 1 week ago
- Rather than saying your 2 months 1 week ago
- Clarification regarding comments 2 months 1 week ago
- I think the scientific names 2 months 1 week ago
- I would proofread for grammar 2 months 1 week ago
- I think the first comma in 2 months 1 week ago
- Well written paragraph. My 2 months 1 week ago