This experiment was successful in showing the wide variety of organisms found in biofilms that form on a toothbrush. Using selective and differential agar plates, a total of 9 different colony morphologies were observed from the same source of inoculum. This clearly shows that a variety of organisms can be present in a biofilm simultaneously. If the toothbrush had been put in the saline immediately after being used by my lab partner, I would expect the number of colonies to increase significantly. I think that due to the toothbrush drying out between the time it was used and the time it was put in the saline, the number of microorganisms available to be captured from it decreased. Despite this, this experiment clearly shows the bacterial diversity present in our mouths and on biofilms on our toothbrushes.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- I would suggest including an 16 hours 12 min ago
- My only suggestion would be 16 hours 20 min ago
- I would suggest making 16 hours 42 min ago
- I think you might be able to 17 hours 19 sec ago
- Nice job, my only suggestion 17 hours 4 min ago
- My only suggestion would to 17 hours 7 min ago
- I would advise removing the 17 hours 9 min ago
- Great work! Would only sugget 17 hours 11 min ago
- Nice parapgraph, I would 17 hours 14 min ago
- Good paragraph, I would 17 hours 16 min ago