Our experiment studies cellar spider web weight and production in relation to the temperature of the spider's surrounding environment. This experiment can be used as a microcosm for Earth to show the effects that climate change could have on the survival and location of cellar spiders. Globally, species are expected to shift locations in response to climate change. When the region an organism resides in becomes too hot or too cold for the organism to thrive, the organism will move towards the poles or equator accordingly to adjust for the change in temperature. If the area becomes too hot to support that species, the members of the species will generally migrate gradually towards the poles in order to stay in an environment that suits their temperature needs. If the area becomes too cold to support that species, the members of that species will gradually migrate to a warmer area, which is generally towards the equator. Most of the Earth is expected to warm over the next several decades, but there are some areas on Earth that are expected to get colder.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- I feel like you can simplify 1 day 15 hours ago
- Towards the end of the 1 day 15 hours ago
- I would avoid saying "To 2 days 18 hours ago
- This paragraph is well 2 days 18 hours ago
- In the sentence discussing 2 days 18 hours ago
- I feel like this paragraph 2 days 18 hours ago
- Use of "us" 2 days 19 hours ago
- Your path in the medical field 2 days 19 hours ago
- Use full name for university 2 days 20 hours ago
- Sentence rearrangement 2 days 20 hours ago