Translocation is when there is a movement of chromosomes to a new place in the genome. What we know so far is that translocations can influence the phenotype in many ways. They can rearrange the way genes were supposed to be located at another place affecting their position and expression. Their genes will break apart and the functions delayed. One example is when there is translocation Down Syndrome that there is rearranged chromosome material in the trisomy 21. But unfortunately, one of the 21 chromosomes are connected to the other chromosome rather than being detached. It is the extra copy that creates health problems with Down Syndrome.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 4 years 9 months ago
- Looks good! It might be 4 years 9 months ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 4 years 9 months ago
- Unless this was done in a 4 years 9 months ago
- Rather than saying your 4 years 9 months ago
- Clarification regarding comments 4 years 9 months ago
- I think the scientific names 4 years 9 months ago
- I would proofread for grammar 4 years 9 months ago
- I think the first comma in 4 years 9 months ago
- Well written paragraph. My 4 years 9 months ago