The proposal project was my favorite project of the semester. It was nice to work in a group and the openness of what the experiment could be was fun to play around with. The presentation that we gave to the class was easy to make and pulled a lot of information from what we had written for the final manuscript submission. I liked the collaboration around forming an idea for a project and finding other literature that was similar to our proposed experiment and could serve as a template for our methods construction. This will be an important skill for later in a scientific career when I have to think of and design a project. Next year I may have to do a literature review for an honors thesis and having done this project can help in my writing of a methods section for my project and for the overall aesthetic and layout of my thesis manuscript. It is my hope that I will have done publishable work and at the end of the year I can submit my research for review. Before that though, I have to propose a project and this project has helped show what goes into that process and how I can get ideas from similar projects to shape my own.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 4 years 1 month ago
- Looks good! It might be 4 years 1 month ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 4 years 1 month ago
- Unless this was done in a 4 years 1 month ago
- Rather than saying your 4 years 1 month ago
- Clarification regarding comments 4 years 1 month ago
- I think the scientific names 4 years 1 month ago
- I would proofread for grammar 4 years 1 month ago
- I think the first comma in 4 years 1 month ago
- Well written paragraph. My 4 years 1 month ago