The methods project had a couple had a couple difficulties but ultimately proved useful. This was the first time I had to use a computer image editor/ figure creator and Inkscape was difficult to understand in the beginning. Before I even had to generate an initial figure though, the methods section I wrote had to be changed to be less direct and giving directions to someone and more what exactly I had done. Usually, when I write a procedure for a chemistry lab report, it is direct “pour X amount in flask” but this had to be worded differently. The part of this project that replicated images was also helpful when we had the class and went over everyone’s comparison figures. It really showed how different perspectives and readings of methods can give different results and how exact the methods should try to be, including as many details as possible. The end manuscript for this assignment was also a challenge to write because its format was unlike anything I had previously composed. I never had to submit anything under manuscript guidelines, but given that I would eventually like to, this proved as a useful introduction to what that process may be like.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 5 years 2 months ago
- Looks good! It might be 5 years 2 months ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 5 years 2 months ago
- Unless this was done in a 5 years 2 months ago
- Rather than saying your 5 years 2 months ago
- Clarification regarding comments 5 years 2 months ago
- I think the scientific names 5 years 2 months ago
- I would proofread for grammar 5 years 2 months ago
- I think the first comma in 5 years 2 months ago
- Well written paragraph. My 5 years 2 months ago