Previous studies show that oxidative stress is both necessary and sufficient for triggering ISC proliferation. However, the mechanisms behind oxidative stress and mitogenic signals are relatively poorly understood. This figure displays that TRP1 and RyR genes are required for ISC self-renewal but not differentiation. MARCM clones are analyzed along with their control counterparts 10 d after clone induction. The bar graph represents number of cells per clone, 5 guts were analyzed per genotype, and data shows the average + SEM. MARCM, or mosaic analysis with a repressible cell marker, relies on recombination during mitosis mediated by the Flp-FRT system. Flp-FRT is a site-directed recombination technology. (FRT= flippase recognition target). According to the researchers, the cells still proliferate but not a lot of them are stem cells. So, these genes TRP1 and RyR are recognized to be important for ISC self-renewal but not for differentiation.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 8 months 1 week ago
- Looks good! It might be 8 months 1 week ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 8 months 1 week ago
- Unless this was done in a 8 months 1 week ago
- Rather than saying your 8 months 1 week ago
- Clarification regarding comments 8 months 1 week ago
- I think the scientific names 8 months 1 week ago
- I would proofread for grammar 8 months 1 week ago
- I think the first comma in 8 months 1 week ago
- Well written paragraph. My 8 months 1 week ago