Ulva lactuca is an early colonist who has an effect on the later arriving Gigartina conaliculata. Figure 1 shows us that it is a facilitation relationship. Facilitation as a successional mechanism says that the early arriving species will make it less suitable for other early arrival species, but more suitable for late arriving species. This is seen in Figure 1 because when Ulva is present the number of Gigartina is much higher than it is when Ulva is removed.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 4 years 9 months ago
- Looks good! It might be 4 years 9 months ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 4 years 9 months ago
- Unless this was done in a 4 years 9 months ago
- Rather than saying your 4 years 9 months ago
- Clarification regarding comments 4 years 9 months ago
- I think the scientific names 4 years 9 months ago
- I would proofread for grammar 4 years 9 months ago
- I think the first comma in 4 years 9 months ago
- Well written paragraph. My 4 years 9 months ago