This species has developed a series of adaptations for navigating underwater during short periods of time. Its nostrils and reduced ears close underwater, and due to having its eyes protected by a full nictating membrane it mostly relies on its highly sensitive long whiskers for detecting its prey or other obstacles. Nonetheless, this species has good vision on land and uses it for detecting potential prey instead of echolocation, which has been lost in favor of smaller ears that provide better streamlining.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- I would suggest including an 19 hours 7 min ago
- My only suggestion would be 19 hours 15 min ago
- I would suggest making 19 hours 37 min ago
- I think you might be able to 19 hours 55 min ago
- Nice job, my only suggestion 19 hours 59 min ago
- My only suggestion would to 20 hours 2 min ago
- I would advise removing the 20 hours 4 min ago
- Great work! Would only sugget 20 hours 7 min ago
- Nice parapgraph, I would 20 hours 9 min ago
- Good paragraph, I would 20 hours 11 min ago