This species has developed a series of adaptations for navigating underwater during short periods of time. Its nostrils and reduced ears close underwater, and due to having its eyes protected by a full nictating membrane it mostly relies on its highly sensitive long whiskers for detecting its prey or other obstacles. Nonetheless, this species has good vision on land and uses it for detecting potential prey instead of echolocation, which has been lost in favor of smaller ears that provide better streamlining.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 5 months 5 days ago
- Looks good! It might be 5 months 5 days ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 5 months 5 days ago
- Unless this was done in a 5 months 6 days ago
- Rather than saying your 5 months 6 days ago
- Clarification regarding comments 5 months 6 days ago
- I think the scientific names 5 months 1 week ago
- I would proofread for grammar 5 months 1 week ago
- I think the first comma in 5 months 1 week ago
- Well written paragraph. My 5 months 1 week ago