This species has developed certain adaptations that allow it to succesfully enter the water at a high speed when diving. Its unusual beak-shaped mouth provides streamlining, which minimizes the impact against the surface and increases the chances of a successful hunt by avoiding excessive splashing that may scare away fish. Unlike most mammals, which have seven cervical vertebrae, this species has five cervical vertebrae and they are surrounded by thick layers of soft tissue. This gives the bat a shorter neck with a shock absorbing mechanism that greatly reduces the risk of injury when penetrating the water.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- I would suggest including an 16 hours 12 min ago
- My only suggestion would be 16 hours 20 min ago
- I would suggest making 16 hours 42 min ago
- I think you might be able to 17 hours 19 sec ago
- Nice job, my only suggestion 17 hours 4 min ago
- My only suggestion would to 17 hours 7 min ago
- I would advise removing the 17 hours 9 min ago
- Great work! Would only sugget 17 hours 11 min ago
- Nice parapgraph, I would 17 hours 14 min ago
- Good paragraph, I would 17 hours 16 min ago