It is important to recognize the different definitions of reproductive autonomy and how constructs such as race, class, color, and gender affect it when analyzing abortion policies. Reproductive autonomy is a woman’s right to self-govern herself when it comes to childbearing and control of her own body. This can also include a woman’s autonomy in choosing whether to use abortion resources or not. This autonomy is often compromised when women are given little accessibility to abortion resources in the United States. Along with roadblocks to the access of reproductive health resources in the U.S., women are often thought of as unable to govern themselves properly and therefore should be expected to handover this control to legislators (Denbow, 2015).
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Looks good! I think it would 6 months 1 week ago
- Looks good! It might be 6 months 1 week ago
- Looks good! Maybe add a 6 months 1 week ago
- Unless this was done in a 6 months 2 weeks ago
- Rather than saying your 6 months 2 weeks ago
- Clarification regarding comments 6 months 2 weeks ago
- I think the scientific names 6 months 2 weeks ago
- I would proofread for grammar 6 months 2 weeks ago
- I think the first comma in 6 months 2 weeks ago
- Well written paragraph. My 6 months 2 weeks ago