Embryosis is the formation of an embryo. There are two main steps to this process: blastulation, and gastrolation. The sperm and egg cell must fuse to form a zygote. The fusion of sperm and egg allow the genetic material to merge, all cells are pluripotent at this point. Clevage, compaction, and differentiation follow which form the blastocyte. The overall size of the blastocyte is not much bigger than the zygote, due to compaction. There is differentiation between cells in the blastocyte at this point. Gastrolation is the formation of three distinct layers in the blastocyte which will differentiate into different tissues in the bdoy. The top layer is the ectoderm, the middle layer is the mesoderm, and the bottom layer is the endoderm. The ectoderm differentiates into the nervous system and the skin. The mesoderm differentiates into the muscles; the endoderm differentiates into the internal organs. This process is virtually the same for all mamals. The outcome is very different because of the genetic information fused, resulting in a wide range of organisms.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 2 years 5 months ago
- Plural 2 years 5 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 2 years 5 months ago
- spelling 2 years 5 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 2 years 5 months ago
- "Males" 2 years 5 months ago
- commas and misspelling 2 years 5 months ago
- wording 2 years 5 months ago
- unclear antecedent 2 years 5 months ago
- really good 2 years 5 months ago