In the depate of nature versus nurture, a recently discovered gene has added contributed to the debate. A mutation to the MAOA gene, or the "Warrior Gene", is linked to anger management issues and violent behavior. When the MAOA gene is shortened, it inhibits the body's ability to clear excess seratonin in the neural synapses of the brain. This excess seratonin causes a good mood to turn agressive, pretty quickly. Research about this gene and the symptoms is relatively new. A team of scientists took genetic samples from a wide range of participants; ranging from buddhist monks to violent gang members. The genetic samples were tested for the Warrior Gene which some think is nature's cause of human violence. The results of the genetic tests showed that the three sampled buddhist monks had the gene, while other more violent participants did not. This result argues for nurture's cause of human violence, that a person's surroundings and upbringing are more perswasive in personality and behavior. Although some results were shocking, overall this research still leaves the debate of nature versus nurture up for debate.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 1 year 10 months ago
- Plural 1 year 10 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 1 year 10 months ago
- spelling 1 year 10 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 1 year 10 months ago
- "Males" 1 year 10 months ago
- commas and misspelling 1 year 10 months ago
- wording 1 year 10 months ago
- unclear antecedent 1 year 10 months ago
- really good 1 year 10 months ago